Monday, February 23, 2009

A congratulations from across a few ponds.

This beautiful woman was part of our family while in Korea. She was our sister, our kids' aunt, our fellow gamester, and a friend with whom we could communicate 100%. That is a hot commodity while living abroad. Language and customs are shockingly different. But culture is what can break you.

This week, I learned that she has completed all her course work in Korean. We are so proud of her!! If you knew how complex and difficult the language is, you would be too.

Here she is with our kids when we visited Yoido Island in the spring. The cherry blossoms were just starting to come out. We had a nice picnic in the sun, then the temperature dropped. I remember we were drastically unprepared and she (and another friend with us) helped keep the kids warm.

IMG_1361,

By the way, Friend, we MISS YOU!!

IMG_1353
April 2007

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Awww...she is such an amazing lady! I miss her so much, and you guys too! Those days in Korea - it's like part of me misses them, just because it's hard to get friendships like that anywhere else, but the whole Korea part was crazy enough to not really miss, you know? I love reading your blog so much! I check in regularly, and either forget to comment, or don't have anything worthwhile to say. I miss you guys though!