Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This was posted on Facebook as well, but it's a fun post. So, here goes!

I've been putting this off. I'm going to try and make these 25 very random things. Possibly things most of you don't know about me. We'll see.........

1. I have a thing for dishes. When we moved home from Korea and purged our storage unit, I counted 6 sets of dishes. No kidding. I now have only 3. Yes, "only."

2. I gave birth in a foreign country (here and here).

3. I've seen the head of a hammer-head shark in real life. Very weird looking. (THIS is not the hammer-head. I don't know why, but I didn't get a picture of that guy. This is the vacation where we saw it.)

4. My husband is my BFF and has been for a very long time.

5. I love games. SkipBo and Rummikub are two favs.

6. I wear hearing aids. If you knew me as a younger-me, you will say, "Finally!"

7. In 10 years of marriage, I've lived in 7 different homes, not including the multiple weeks at my parents' and in-laws' homes due to transition. Many, many thanks go out to them.

8. I only recently learned how to hard-boil and egg.

9. I eat granola every single morning. Unless I'm out. Then I eat an English muffin. Unless I'm out. Then I just have coffee. I'm never out.

10. I often forget to eat lunch.

11. I never forget to eat dinner.

12. I love YA literature (young adult). Latest read: A View From Saturday by E.L.Konigsburg

13. Of the 25 pieces of furniture in my house, only 7 belong to me.

14. 25 pieces of furniture sounds like a lot. Seven does not.

15. My ear canals never angled and matured correctly.

16. I get ear infections really, really easily.

17. I made Valentine's day cards with my daughter for the first time this year.

18. I lived in the same town for 27 years. We've been on the move for the last 5. Notice, I did not say "on the run."

19. The restaurant I missed the most in Korea was Taco Bell, of all places

20. My move to Iowa was the hardest move for me. Harder than Korea, New York City and Colorado combined.

21. The path my life has taken continues to draw me closer to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

22. Favorites: Chocolate. A no-brainer. Wine, a very close second.

23. I have one leg that is a smidge shorter than the other. I cannot remember which one it is.

24. I am going grey. I am only 32. That is sad.

25. I love photography and blogging.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Fun stuff!
(And I STILL to this day have to look up directions on how to hard boil eggs every time I do it!)

Are you on facebook? I am too!
If you want to be 'friends' email me an I'll tell you my name on there. ;-)

Blessings,
Michelle