Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Manic Monday

I wonder how many blog posts have been titled that?

By the picture shown above, you can tell how my Monday was. Fresh snow on the ground, ice underneath, driving under a bridge that never sees the sun......makes for a perfect way to lose control of the car and slam into the snow bank, with a speed limit sign tucked in for good measure. And I was facing the opposite direction that I had come from. And I had three young boys in the car. And I'm really thankful that this is what happened instead of what could have happened had I hit the car that was coming toward me when the sliding happened!

I am also so very thankful to my Lord for protecting the boys and me. I was so shook up, but it could have been so much worse. I suppose for my first accident ever, it's not so bad. It figures it would happen in the mountains!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Small dents can be repaired a lot easier than broken bones, right? Glad you're okay.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay. We have 4 inches of ice on the ground covered by a couple inches of snow and I'm not even going to try to go anywhere!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay. We have 4 inches of ice on the ground covered by a couple inches of snow and I'm not even going to try to go anywhere!

Kim