Monday, October 6, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like....what?!

Last Thursday I was driving home from the store. I had just curved around the round-about (that's all we have here, I haven't seen a stop light for weeks), when I noticed two guys doing something with some pine trees. There's so much fall-landscaping going on here, that I assumed, at first glance, that this is what was happening.

But there were no saws. No hatchets. No pruning shears.

What did they have? Lights. On strings.

Then it dawned on me. They were putting up Christmas lights!! On October 2nd?!? What was going on? Even Wal-Mart doesn't have their Christmas aisle set up yet?

Then another thought dawned on me. They have to put up the Christmas lights before the white comes. And it's only October 2nd?!?

Low and behold.....

.......this picture was taken Sunday morning, October 5th (not with my dslr, forgive the fuzziness).

Please excuse all the italics. My Midwestern mind is having a harder time with this one.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Christmas lights? whaaaaat? Why are they torturing me? why?

The Breedloves said...

Baby's R Us had their display up a week ago. I as baffled!

Kysha said...

That is so beautiful. I love your header pic too.