Monday, October 13, 2008

Enforced laryngitis

I think we've hit upon something spectacular and unexpected.

Saturday, after a day of hollering for homecoming, Adam came home with a hoarse voice. It wasn't completely gone, but just very weak. He was trying to save it by whispering when he had to talk.

Addison started "whispering", too. That's in quotes because he wasn't actually saying anything, just making the "shhh-shh" sound of a whisper. All of a sudden, I realized that the room was quiet, yet all three kids were present. And, get this, they were all whispering! There was no yelling or screeching. No shouts or hollers.

They were all just sitting playing quietly, and if they did talk to one another, they whispered.

Unreal.

So I've decided that if I really want to get their attention, I'll just come down with a bad case of laryngitis. Oh sure, they might catch on eventually, but I'll enjoy it while I can!



There's another meal waiting for you From the Stovetop.

2 comments:

Emily said...

whatever works for a moments peace in my home? I'm willing to try it.

carrie said...

it's very hard for me to set that example....

that is actually pretty funny!